Monday, September 29, 2008

travel'n



                           National Park Tayrona, Colombia/ paradise                    
Do I look like I am on vacation?
                                           Tayrona, Colombia
making lunch
eating lunch
buses on the rampage in Bolivia, yes that is a cornfield
Villa de Leyva, Colombia
Boat ride to Tayrona
Tayrona, Colombia I slept in the hut on the hill
my bed
Lake Titicaca , Peruvian side, Isla flotantes
Lake Titicaca, Bolivian side
Inca Altar, Isla De La Sol
 World most Dangerous road, Bolivia, 45 deaths this year
Deserted beach Florianopolis, Brazil
me with lamb, peru 
Andes, Salkantay trek, Peru
4,600m the Salkantay pass
Spencer and I at 6 am Machu Picchu
Spencer and llama
me with ecuadorian family at a mud bath
Spencer and me on Rio Napo
Spencer with escaped lamb
Market
Ollantaytambo ruins, Peru
    I spent the last month and a half traveling around south america. Spencer met up with me while I was still in Ecuador. We spent a week in the jungle in Ecuador with Quichan cultural tour. We then flew to Cuzco, Peru and spent a week going to ruins, we did a 5 day trek to Macchu Pichu and then took a bus to Lake Titicaca.  In Lake Titicaca we went to the floating islands of the Uros, an indiginous group of people that choose to live on floating reed islands. Spencer unfortunately had to go home while I continued on to Bolivia.  I stayed  for  a few nights on the Isla de La Sol on the Bolivian Lake Titicaca, it was gorgeous. I was then headed for La Paz which proved to be a difficult task due to the countries current crisis. The bus I took ran into a road block where the bolivian people were striking and not allowing anything to cross, so our bus driver decided to go around the road block by driving through a corn field. We were all very relieved 2 hours later when the bus returned to paved road. From La Paz I flew to Brazil, to visit a friend for a week. We spent our time visiting deserted beaches in Florianopolis, it was a relaxing week. I then flew to Colombia, starting in Bogota and making my way up  the gringo trail to the beaches. I stopped in an old colonial town called Villa de Leyva and then took a 20hour bus ride to Santa Marta. From there I headed straight for the most beautiful beach I have ever been to in my life in Parque Tayrona. I spent an extra few nights there..... it was very difficult to leave. From Colombia I flew back to Quito to catch my flight home.  As I was boarding the plane to go home I was on the brink of tears, when they made the announcement that they would offer a flight gift certificate for anyone who would offer to stay another night. I did not even give it a second thought and got off the plane to stay one more night in South America. But to my mothers relief I am home now safe, planning my next trip. 

1 comment:

gambo said...

Acabo de ver las fotos de todos los lugares maravillosos que visitaste. Tu cara lo dice todo. Que gusto que tuviste un viaje maravilloso